TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

I haven't yet been to my local inner Melbourne WOW supermarket...

1. 10,265 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1360
    I haven't yet been to my local inner Melbourne WOW supermarket but note with delight that the two kilogram (frozen?) packs of TGR's Tropic Co prawns are available for $50, which is $25 a kilogram.

This is great. Just in time for the pre-Christmas rush!

Availability is excellent with WOW Melbourne outlets in Fitzroy and Glen Waverley ranging them plus Ballarat, Bendigo and Traralgon in the country. Every medium to large WOW store has them listed, but not smaller ones such as the (largish for a Metro) store in Hawksburn (Toorak postcode).

TGR subsidiary De Costi Seafoods (Lidcombe in Sydney, NSW) is packing these by the looks of the label. 99 per cent of the product is Australia.

Interestingly, competitor Crystal Bay has one kilogram packs priced at $27.

Through the deli, a kilo of Tiger prawns will set one back $29, so the TGR product is much cheaper per kilogram.

Many - perhaps the vast majority - of family Christmas gatherings need more than a kilogram of prawns as they disappear fast down gullets!

Are the Tropic Co prawns to be found in the freezers at WOW stores or in the staffed non-self serve delicatessan section?

I'll be buying one.

Continued weakness in the TGR share price is baffling also to me, as another HC poster commented.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.