TGR 0.00% $5.22 tassal group limited

Tropic Co prawns in WOW supermarkets, page-3

1. 10,271 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1360
    It'll be interesting to see if they sell well.

One problem may be that many shoppers in supermarkets expect prawns to be in the 'service deli' section, so if the TGR Tropic Co two kg packs are in the freezer section, consumers may not even look there.

However so many look online at the WOW catalogue, plus they'll see the product displayed if a search is done for 'prawns'.

At some stage TGR may agree with WOW to offer these at a promotional price to further grow consumer awareness, but pre-Christmas is not the time for that. If I was TGR I'd have a note put on any promotion 'from the freezer section' or similar.

A huge plus for TGR wil be its ability to consistently supply WOW. Even if only one pack per week per supermarket was sold and it's in say 800 of WOW's 1000 plus stores, that's about 7000 kilograms a month in TGR sales. I don't know what the cost per kg of production (including allocating some Tasmanian head office costs) while freight is another expense, but hopefully it's a reasonably solid addition to the bottom line.
    Last edited by Hopeful9: 03/12/20

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TGR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.