KGL 2.06% 9.5¢ kgl resources limited

Seems like most are concern with the political issues here,...

1. 226 Posts.
    Seems like most are concern with the political issues here, which is still in a blackbox for most of us since we do not know what's the sentiment of the government over these issues apart from doing our best to speculate.

In my opinion, the only reason to delay (for more constructive debates/evaluation) would be that villagers are not happy. It is true and a factual understanding of mine and most people here that if the project actually pass through, accepted, and developed, it'll bring great economical prosperity to the country (tax, royalties, jobs created, marketing itself as foreign investor friendly, and heaps more). While those benefits and prosperity are quite real and obvious, if the project gets approved, we also have to be take note about the villagers problem. Taking care of them is a complex issue, since we do not know if its the 'actual' farmers and peasants there that's revolting or the few upper hand rich family in that area who are afraid of their cheap labors being taken away from foreign companies like Kentor. The government, new, and still in its fragile state is trying to minimize any major or minor civil dispute or unrest in the country. If a government approved the project without community support, it'll be named as 'greedy', 'corrupted', and having no sense of patriotism or love for its people. This can be seen as a big turn down for their people, possibly causing even more civil unrest which will eventually 'drive out' all foreign investors.

Hence I believe this is the reason for slowing down/delaying Kentor operation, to sort out these issues with the local community. Government officials (good and bad ones (that wanted to corrupt) obviously need this project due to its massive income that it'll receive (compared to other local projects), but they also have to do it so that they don't inflict any civil unrest/anger in the community which could result in driving future investors from coming in. I believe this is a great path to sustainable path of developing its country towards peace and prosperity. Other companies like Orsu Metals, Chaarat gold, and Manas resource have no problems with acquiring such license/permit yet. This is because they have less to none dispute with local community and providing permit for these companies would be a win win situation for both. Kentor itself is in a tough spot, but eventually, eventually i believe, this matter will be sorted out. They must be stupid to idiotic to let this kind of project gets away. And trust me, if they were to totally stop giving out permits to miners, they would've done so swiftly. Wouldn't be all these delay announcement for no reasons.

By looking at its macro factors (stability, NATO moving its headquarter in, IMF bullish view on Kyrgyzstan, and confidence view from Asian investors on commodities) my sentiment on this one is a Long Term buy.

DYOR and debate with me please, I'm still learning.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KGL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.5¢
Change
-0.002(2.06%)
Mkt cap ! $61.57M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.7¢ 9.7¢ 9.5¢ $9.602K 100K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 120332 9.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
10.0¢ 10000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.45am 07/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
KGL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.