TRS 6.39% $3.33 the reject shop limited

TRS downgrade and outlook

1. 624 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 304

I've been running some numbers on the downgrade. This is clearly extremely disappointing, but with the share price down ~40%, its always good to take a fresh look before hitting the sell button;.

- I've assumed TRS generates about $9m NPAT for the full year 2019, reflecting a modest loss in H2 in line with H2 2018 (I can build a case for a higher or lower number, but this seems reasonable given various initiatives that should impact the H2 result);

- This should mean an EBITDA (before any lease adjustments under the new standard) of ~$33m;

- These numbers should allow a dividend of about 19c for the full year, and free cashflow (after dividends) of about $5M, with a year end cash balance FY 2019 of c$20m;

- At the current share price, this gives a fiscal 2019 EV of $60m, EV/EBITDA of 1.8x, P/E of 8.6x, and a dividend yield of 7% (9% grossed up for franking credits).

- EV/EBITDA of 1.8x is extremely low for a company with net cash, profitable and still generating good free cashflow;

- Accordingly, if this doesn't shake out a private equity bidder, then I don't see what will, as a low EBITDA multiple drives a very attractive private equity IRR;

- This obviously assumes that the business model is still viable, but given the scale and position of TRS and the success of this format in US, UK and Canada, I don't see why it can't thrive with the right strategy.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TRS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.33
Change
0.200(6.39%)
Mkt cap ! $123.9M
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.13 $3.33 $3.07 $451.1K 141.4K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 3835 $3.30

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.34 300 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.55pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TRS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.