Trucks

1. 1,518 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    Yet another 3 deaths on the road has just occurred involving a very large truck.
    Maybe this driver is not to blame but I drive that road frequently and more particularly the M1 and M7 every single day
    Every single time I am overtaken by double B's and other large trucks while I am doing the max 110 kmph. Often right past Police cars sitting on the side of the road.
    On the M1 and M7 it is not unusual to find all lanes blocked by big trucks overtaking each other!
    And on top of that we often play a game counting the tradie utes flying past with uncovered loads.
    Our record from Sydney to Port Macquarie is 41.

Less than an hour ago I was passed by a very large truck on a road in Kellyville NSW which clearly limited trucks to not exceed 8tonnes GMV carting a very large excavator. Right past a cop car, well over the speed limit. If some mum was doing that speed in her car to pick up the kids I guarantee that cop would have leapt to action! Always the easy mark.

In Australia we have more than enough laws and regulations. We just lack intelligent policing of them by the police and other authorities.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.