LYC 2.36% $6.06 lynas rare earths limited

Trump and China, page-8

1. 7,512 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 504
    I have not posted articles from US about this but there are many. The US articles are not nearly as Black and White but I will agree he is still implying major change. I think this was ratified by congress not just Obama. Most deals this big are. If that is case congress has to approve with draweral. Congress is much more sympathetic to cooperate lobbies.

As far as coal he can say what ever he wants. He certainly can change things that will extend the life of existing Coal fired plants. Even if you figure he is in office for 8 years More likely 4. I cannot see any power executive changing a gas plant to coal or even starting a new coal plant. Risk is just to hi that by time plant is done emissions requirements will be back.

He could give government money to some of the carbon capture programs that are under development. There are several in soth western US this would help coal if one of these were economical. Again, if you love coal, plans sound great until you really think about it.

The most promising is Capturing CO2 with algae. Then algae to bio fuel. In pilots it captures almost all the carbon. The piolots process a very small percentage of the stack gas. Unfortunately this process needs lots of reliable Sun and it is hard to store enough water that has absorbed the CO2 from low sun periods.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.06
Change
0.140(2.36%)
Mkt cap ! $5.664B
Open High Low Value Volume
$6.02 $6.12 $5.97 $11.52M 1.904M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 12791 $6.04

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 13019 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.