Trump was voted in for many and varied reasons, all of which...

1. 5,220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    Trump was voted in for many and varied reasons, all of which have been droned on about here ad nauseam ever since. It wasn't simply because of 'what he was saying'. Only 60-odd percent voted in that election and most of them didn't vote for Trump, but you already knew that.

As for speaking with the voice of the nation, I don't recall the nation asking their leader to buy Greenland recently, and I don't recall them recoiling in horror at any comments from the Danish prime minister, or demanding their president give them the Danes the cold shoulder on an upcoming visit, and then insist on berating them for implied 'nasty' comments. Come to think of it, I don't honestly believe the nation wants their leader to sit on the loo every morning and tweet every foul thing he can think of, or the ratings success, or lack their of, of his favourite TV shows either. But maybe I'm just old fashioned. Maybe this was exactly what they expect of their president.

But yes indeed you are right, he is a billionaire, no matter how many people he trampled over and how many lives he ruined in order to get there. Of course that doesn't matter does it, as long as he is rich then he commands respect. Poor people, like Mother Theresa and, oh I don't know, Jesus Christ, are people to be looked down upon because they wouldn't have lived in the penthouse suites. Although we don't really know how rich he is or where he actually derives his income do we, given that he hasn't released his tax returns - LIKE HE PROMISED HE WOULD. I don't hear his base complaining about that though, given that they would likely be afraid about what they could reveal....

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.