Keep up...shes just recently confirmed it...in a court...

1. 16,569 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 110
    Keep up...shes just recently confirmed it...in a court proceeding

So now whats your excuse?

Ashley Biden, the daughter of President Joe Biden, wrote a judge to say she would not attend the criminal sentencing earlier this month of the woman who stole her diary because “it would only increase my pain.”

The highly emotional letter was unsealed by U.S. District Judge Laura Taylor Swain more than three weeks after the judge sentenced Aimee Harris to one month in federal jail and three months of home detention.

“My goal in asking Your Honor to impose a term of incarceration is to ensure that another woman isn’t bullied and shamed like this ever again,” Ashley Biden wrote. “The despair I have often felt will never truly go away. But I ask Your Honor to hold Ms. Harris accountable so that she thinks twice before doing it to someone else.”

She also asked Swain to sentence the Florida resident to prison followed by a lengthy probation period, according to the letter unsealed Thursday in Manhattan federal court.

The letter was unsealed at the request of The New York Times, whose lawyer David McCaw noted to Swain that Ashley Biden and prosecutors did not object to it being made public, while Harris took no position on the request.

Harris, 41, also was ordered to serve three years of probation and to forfeit the $20,000 she received for selling the stolen diary.

Harris pleaded guilty in August 2022 to conspiring two years earlier with Robert Kurlander, 61, to steal Biden’s diary and other items from the Florida home where Biden had previously lived, and to transport them over state lines for sale to the right-wing group Project Veritas.

Project Veritas did not publish the diary, but another right-wing outlet did, shortly before the 2020 presidential election, which Joe Biden won.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.