ya got proof???MeanwhileFrom NewsweekConservative commentators...

1. 16,559 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 110
    ya got proof???

Meanwhile

From Newsweek
    Conservative commentators have sprung upon changes to a prominent fact check about the president's daughter, Ashley Biden, whose diary was published online after it was stolen from a home in Florida.

Fact-checker Snopes was quoted by right-wing outlets and personalities including Colin Rugg, Libs of TikTok, and Jack Posobiec after it changed the verdict on an article assessing the authenticity of the diary's content, stolen from President Joe Biden's daughter, from "Unproven" to "True."

Last month Aimee Harris was sentenced to a month in prison and three months of home confinement for stealing Ashley Biden's diary, which she sold to the conservative media outlet Project Veritas.

She had pleaded guilty in 2022, with Robert Kurlander to conspiracy to transport stolen property across state lines. Kurlander has yet to be sentenced.

What's changed now?

In an update note, Snopes wrote it changed its article about the diary's content "based on testimony provided by Ashley Biden." The testimony was a letter Biden sent to Judge Laura Taylor Swain, the Chief United States District Judge of the Southern District of New York, published by The New York Times.

Biden asked Swain that Harris be imprisoned, saying the defendant demonstrated "a complete lack of morality" and that her actions were "not only re-traumatizing to me, but constituted a horrific trauma in and of themselves."

Biden also wrote, "I will forever have to deal with the fact that my personal journal can be viewed online." This letter, Snopes argued, authenticated the diary's contents which had been printed online.

"Previous versions of this fact check noted 'strong evidence' that the diary existed, but argued that no source had authenticated the contents of the pages published online, writing that 'the authenticity of photographs purported to be from a diary is a separate question from the factual existence of a diary.'" it said.

"Ashley Biden's letter to the court, in Snopes' view, provides that authentication."

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.