It wasn't my suggestion, it was a claim made by Ivana Trump in a...

1. 23,968 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1

It wasn't my suggestion, it was a claim made by Ivana Trump in a sworn deposition.

But there is no reason to doubt her, Sir Grabalot has form.

Leaked Donald Trump tapes dredges up 1989 spousal rape accusation
    Jul 25, 2018

What is indisputable however, is that in a sworn deposition in 1989, Ivana Trump accused her estranged husband of raping her.

Ms Trump detailed her husband, enraged by a painful operation to remove a bald spot,violently assaulting and raping her.

Ms Trump alleged the now-president ripped fistfuls of hair from her scalp during the attack.

In 1993she retracted the use of the word "rape".

"On one occasion during 1989, Mr. Trump and I had marital relations in which he behaved very differently toward me than he had during our marriage.

"Asa woman, I felt violated, as the love and tenderness, which he normally exhibited towards me, was absent. I referred to this as a 'rape', but I do not want my words to be interpreted in a literal or criminal sense."

When the story threatened to resurface in January 2016, Cohen vehemently denied it to The Daily Beast.

"You're talking about the front-runner for the GOP, presidential candidate, as well as private individual who never raped anybody," Cohen said.

"And,of course, understand that by the very definition, you can’t rape your spouse."

The exemption for marital rape was struck down in New York in 1984, making Cohen's claim incorrect.

The New York Times reported in 1990 that a divorce was granted between the Trumps because of his "cruel and inhuman treatment".

Ivana Trump is bound by a gag order, which prevents her from speaking about her marriage to him without his permission.

His second wife, Marla Maples, is also subject to a confidentiality agreement.

Court filings show there are another 11 tapes surreptitiously recorded by Cohen during meetings with Trump.All 12 recordings were obtained by the FBI when they raided Cohen's office, home and hotel room earlier this year.

https://www.9news.com.au/world/leaked-donald-trump-tapes-dredges-up-1989-spousal-rape-accusation/9535192f-d04b-4dd0-9869-394cee45bec9

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.