@oldbull26 - this is precisely why I started to read these posts...

1. 18,117 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 167
    @oldbull26 - this is precisely why I started to read these posts again and put 'my truth' as I see it - which may not be truth at all, as none of us have the capacity to research, learn, glean ALL that's going on behind the scenes of this theater called 'politics'. The difference is that I am up for further opinions, further research.

These mischievous scammers, quasi-journalists have learnt from one Goebbels of long ago - and certain parts of the world are still suffering 80 years later from the deaths and injuries inflicted on real humans caused and made possible by a vicious propaganda machine which eventually reached into the hearts of entire populations and caused them to silently - maybe unknowingly, but certainly ignorantly - allow awful things to happen, until the disaster, which they had allowed to happen, sought them out, too.

In Trump's case the 'injury' - should he be elected - may not be so dramatic, but it has the potential to weaken the entire structure of Western democracy, as he is prepared to 'make a deal' with anyone, even people who are out to see an end to our Western lifestyle, flawed as it may be, but it is ours and we need to stand up for it.

Going back to those historic times which saw the first of modern methods of propaganda employed to vicious ends, it too, began by ceaseless innuendo let loose upon a society which needed 'hope' 'pride' - above all lacked physical means for betterment literally in all ranks of society, thus they were ready for the pied piper telling them sweet tales of superiority, power, if they were only brave enough to . . . . the rest is history.

Donald Jenius Trump is a similar pied piper, appealing to Americans who see themselves as forgotten, poor, sick, have no health insurance, or are simply jealous of the wealth paraded in front of their noses on their daily doses of media, beginning with TV, newspapers - and lets not forget, many do fit into those categories of having no future; but others have various forms of paranoia - and maybe justified - that everyone in government, authority is out to get them. Not to forget the many psychoses-riddled Midwesterners of the U.S.A. who fortify themselves inside their dwellings, build walls, cellars, collect weapons, believe that UFOs have landed in their backyards, or that the end of the world is nigh.

In Europe, of course, there is now a ready resistance movement against the ceaseless flow of migrants - which imo would be easy to stop, simply by reintroducing borders - it would employ a few people, as a side benefit - so, yes, too many mouths at the table are causing this shift to the right.
    Fact is 'the migrant problem' seems to have taken the place of the 'Jewish problem' in Hitler's day. Lesson for the aspiring power seeker, speak 'politician': - the hatred of 'the people' can be focused onto that - simple to understand and execute in these days of multi-media reaching everyone - and it will be a vote winner.

I do hope that we, all of us, good, bad, ugly, beautiful, anti-Trumpers, pro-Trumpers can survive this century to resolve our more urgent problems without getting yet again into another shit fight with our fellow humans, where, this time, there won't be any winners.
    Taurisk

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.