AKE 0.00% $9.83 allkem limited

TRUMP Election elevates Orocobre, page-15

1. 4,423 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2773
    nrc

A bit off-topic but doesn't the US political calendar advance in two year steps? My impression is that Barry O'Bama had at least one of the houses of congress on his side for the first 2 years of his reign but that he failed to do much about Wall St (a once in a 80 year opportunity and he was too timid imo, now Trump is talking about doing now what Obama should have done back then).

If Donald Trump goes bat-shit crazy or dives into the loon pond isn't there a chance he will have his wings clipped in the election round of 2018?

Anyway I don't think that the US any longer calls ALL of the shots with regards renewable energy. Even if Trump goes all luddite, the Chinese and the Europeans will keep pushing things along. Besides, I think one of the top selling cars in the US in 2016 is a camry hybrid, and GM is about to join the group which offer a base level hybrid, the next version of the Volt, that will run for at least 300 clicks on its batteries. Seeing that GM thinks that about 80% of trips are 65 km or less it means that batteries are going to keep chewing into the need for petrol stations. (Australia's largest supermarket chain and petrol retailer is currently attempting to sell off their service station group).

Just a suggestion ... perhaps tone down your ad hominems. I don't give a bugger who started or restarted the spat, I just find the agro very wearing. (by the way: it's "faze", not "phase") Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.