Farmers in the US aren't winners in this trade war, they are...

1. 10,856 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1729
    Farmers in the US aren't winners in this trade war, they are already hurting.

For example almond growers in California last month saw their exports to China (which introduced a 25% tariff on all almond products from USA) almost halve and exports to India (which has introduced a tariff on all almond imports) drop by 10% with forward sales in general also dropping by about 18%

This will impact on incomes for all almond growers in California which produces about 85% of the worlds almonds. The jury is still out on how it will impact other growing regions such as Australia, Spain and Chile (the next 3 biggest producers) as they could potentially help fill the gap in Chinese demand so might not see as big a decline in the prices for their almonds.

I have read reports in the media about the impact on soy bean farmers but knowing your complete disregard for the media decided to put up an example I am more intimately familiar with given I am a shareholder in Australia's 2nd largest almond producer (ASX: SHV)

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.