Yup. I've had my own personal experience with a concussion which...

1. 15,181 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 37
    Yup. I've had my own personal experience with a concussion which caused me to arrive at work (as a tradesman) dressed in nothing but a t-shirt, long johns and my work boots. After it was pointed out to me- and I looked in a mirror- I went off to the doctor who promptly diagnosed me with a moderate concussion. I'd smacked my head on a beam saw the day before, thought nothing of it. And look where it landed me the next morning.

I read a study done some years ago on NFL players who cop head knocks multiple times a day for the entirety of their careers. It was found that a surprising proportion of them by age 50 had forgotten how to do simple things, such as tying their own shoelaces. Repeated bashing of their heads inside their helmets- remember that in NFL nearly any tackle is legal- had caused their brains to develop long-term, irreversible injuries.

Here's a particularly cromulent article I dug up just now. Well worth five minutes of your time.

https://www.theatlantic.com/health/...changed-the-history-of-the-concussion/417597/

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.