Akki, My understanding is the US court system is structured so...

1. 242 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 12
    Akki,

My understanding is the US court system is structured so that a plaintiff can appeal through the court levels from Lower - State - District - Appeal - Supreme Court. It is possible in the lower courts a decision can be made based on country, local and state laws whether constitutional or not. If the case reaches the Court of Appeal the case will be heard by a Justice of the Supreme Court (SCOTUS). If there are a number of identical cases at this level the appointed Justices representing each of the Appeal Court's may decide to combine the case. Finally a case could be elevated to the SCOTUS and heard by the 9 Justices. Throughout this process through the courts new evidence can be presented.

I can understand why there is joy when a court rules against the plaintiff, however if it is at a lower court level it is only the start of the court process not the end which is the SCOTUS.

I would suggest the US election is heading to the Court of Appeals and/or the SCOTUS. Not before the plaintiff/s cases have been ruled at these levels will a decision be final.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.