Trump pulls out of Paris climate accord, page-39

1. 12,059 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 156
    The climate debate got out of whack when they started sprouting doom and gloom and must act now scenarios.

While science is in a good position to understand the quantitative effects of human industrialisation on the world (based on real science), they cannot claim to have the same level of knowledge on the qualitative effects.

I have no problems with science saying that if we pump X amount of CO2 in the air, in isolation, the temperature will rise Y. Its just maths and physics

The problem is that it is not just a simple relationship, and they don't fully understand all the other interrelated and influencing factors A,B,C,........ that determine a net outcome.

Sure they can model it, but not to the accuracy that allows people to say sea level will rise by Z if CO2 goes up by X.

As for Trump pulling out, I think it will have little effect on the climate, but it will have a large effect on the speed that we transition to clean renewable energy.
    A transition I see as inevitable, regardless of climate factors. It is just the time frame in which it occurs that is ambiguous.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.