Honestly i dont have a definitive, correct or very educated...

1. 99 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Honestly i dont have a definitive, correct or very educated answer to that, because i'm not well read enough on a global context. However, wherever there's a dominant culture i'd say privilege exists. Han Chinese are the dominant culture in China. While i know very little about the topic, I imagine they might have some privilege over other ethnic minorities in China. India has a caste system. Privilege exists in many forms over the world. When it leads to oppression, silencing of voices, inequality, death - it is problematic and demands to be addressed. I imagine there are people/groups trying to dismantle certain privileges that exist in Africa, Asia, Latin America, Middle East etc. My perspective is as an Australian who is exposed to mostly AUS/NZ/US/UK/CAN news/issues so I'm not well enough informed outside of this frame of reference. I have a lot more to research now! I do know that white privilege oppresses and negatively impacts people in my country so it's no good in my eyes.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.