FMG 5.04% $17.50 fortescue ltd

Trump Tariffs hit Chinese steel, page-29

1. 4,764 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1022
    I do not believe in gloom and doom. Each situation presents opportunity.

There are a number of Aussie oilers that are producing in the USA, including BYE and OEL. Hitting it out of the ballpark in the Gulf and operating on the North Slope of Alaska. ELK is another US producer. These are excellent (cash flow) hedges against a falling A$. There are many more.

IF u look at the steel industry u can buy BSL which is also generating lots of US$. The US economy is on fire with the Atlanta Fed forecasting GDP growth of +4.5% for current quarter. Rates will go up. Aussies are heavily over-leveraged with real estate debt and are not prepared for a medium term real estate bear market, where a large number of folks will be squeezed out by the ongoing credit squeeze. This will also impact local volume of investor dollars going into shares.

Gold stock sales are priced in US$ and u can look at DRM which is reporting excellent exploration and production results. There are many more examples.

U can also short the A$ and the big four banks.

This is just my opinion, feel free to hold an opposite view, and good luck with your trading positions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$17.50
Change
0.840(5.04%)
Mkt cap ! $53.88B
Open High Low Value Volume
$16.89 $17.74 $16.84 $346.2M 19.88M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 5870 $17.48

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$17.50 12148 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.