Asides from the gun debate which, in the US, seems destined to...

1. 2,764 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 505
    Asides from the gun debate which, in the US, seems destined to escalate into something a lot nastier at some point, it’s  obvious that all these crimes are committed by people with a history of crime and/or violence or threats of violence.

We need to get a lot tougher on these guys.  I often wonder what portion of the crime stats are perpetrated by repeat offenders. I’d wager it’s 90% +++.

Today, some bikie in Qld, was trying to beat down the door of his ex. Two police officers arrived, confronted the animal and tasered him. He pulls out a knife and runs after them. They retreat 60 mtrs, he keeps coming and they shoot him in the neck.  Incredulously, they then attempt to revive him, thankfully with no success.

So, why is this guy out on the streets in the first place?  Why is he not shot on sight?  Why do we attempt to revive the f&@k?  

You can take it further. Why do tax payers have to pay up to keep these guys alive in prison? Why are bikie gangs tolerated at all?

My view is very simple. This is our country, built by good people, defended by good people. Our way of life is sacred and should be defended at any cost.  You step on the ideals of freedom, respect for others, a peaceful life, and we squash you by any means available. Violent but beautiful in its simplicity. We the ones who come knocking....

How about we just get scary serious about crime. If you’re young and make a mistake, sure you get a chance. Anything after that, you get smashed to pieces.

I don’t want my kid going to a school with guns. That’s bullshit. Fix the problem before it gets there. Bring in the army to deal with organised crime if it gets to that level.

The US is a great reminder to all of us just how out of hand things can get. It’s a bloody travesty. A country built on the ideals of Freedom and Independence scared of sending their children to school.

I’ll be honest and say I’m all for gun control but if I were living in the US I’d be packing at least a handgun in the name of defending my family. Problem for me is I would use it first chance someone pissed me off.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.