Hi Rhame,If you take the 1 word: Trump out of your goals. I am...

1. 171 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 43
    Hi Rhame,
    If you take the 1 word: Trump out of your goals. I am with you 100%.
    However, if you believe Trump has the nouse to mastermind/lead that, you really haven't been watching.

That is why i differentiate between legitimate conservatism and Trump supporters. The myopic hope that Trump is the ONE, disregarding all evidence is where I am astonished, and why I displayed the example of Robert Carpenter. He's far from the stupid minority of Trump supporters. He's the average. I would suggest you are part of a very thin wedge.

I don't believe Obama lacked sincerity in his values, however as you seem to, I sincerely believe the Clinton/Dem machine is hugely corrupt. Not more so than than GOP machine, though. On a frightening par. I think US politics are in a dire place right now. It's my belief that Obama was a victim of that, doing what little he could against two tides.

Australia is a long way down that same path. I believe the majority of Australians need to sit down and make the deliberate decision that we need to desert our core political values, for a term or two (be they left or right) and make a conscious decision to vote someone honest into power. Trusting that a term or two of the opposite agenda won't destroy us, it never ahs before; but that this road of dishonest fully paid up politics will destroy us.

As generally a conservative, its tough for me to say, Albanese might be that guy. For now.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.