Hi Kgre,I totally agree that Australia is down the same...

1. 1,449 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 348
    Hi Kgre,

I totally agree that Australia is down the same political path as America. Corruption is rife. Many voters here do go down the alternate path and vote for one of the smaller parties. But to me it only complicates matters because it ends up putting more voices in parliament than ever. So many voices that nothing ever gets done. Red tape is spewed out faster than notes on the monetary printing presses. Personally I think the whole Westminster system needs looking at. But I don't believe that will ever happen without something like a revolution.

You mention Albanese but, like most Prime Ministers/presidents, they are really only spokesmen or women that tow the party line. I personally think it's easier to work out what the American Democrat party stand for then our Labour Party - not than I'm overjoyed about the Liberals either. I guess this is where it's easy to get inspired by a guy like Trump - who seems to be his own man. I'm not saying he's handled the virus thing that well but I wish we had a Prime Minister who would stand up to the Chinese Communist party and say enough is enough. I wish we had someone who was adamant about bringing manufacturing back to our shores as well.

If nothing else this Corona virus will set an interesting stage for world politics in the near future.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.