Trump's painfully deluded train-wreck HBO interview proved he's lost control of reality, page-75

1. 41,615 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 642
    I've read reports which show that Rep. states are describing covid related deaths as "pneumonia" thus enabling the mis-counting of the death rate.

I don't know if this is true.

The Trump push to reduce covid testing is certainly going to leave many deaths unexplained as well as reducing the numerical impact of covid in the communities around the US.

In Aus, its estimated that for eve3ry +ve covid test result there are two that have yet to found. This is thanks to the high rate of testing. In the US its estimated to be around 5-10x the tested rate of infection. in places like Brazil where the testing has been suppressed by Bolsonaro, India where testing an adequate proportion of the population is near impossible due to the staggering numbers living in slum conditions, and similarly in Bangladesh, its estimated to be 10-20x higher than tested results.

The effects of the illness means that many will not be fit to work for around 2-8 weeks with some infected persons being unfit for (so far) 2-3 months.

This will place an impossible to estimate drag on the economic recovery which will effect GDP for at least the next 6-12 months, or until a vaccine is found and sufficient vaccination can afford a reasonable protection for the community to allow full production to resume, estimated to be 2-3 years after the vaccination program begins...

The impact of this on the US economy is estimated to plunge the US into an economic depression for around 5 years!

I've gathered these data from a range of global economic and health related sites.

How will the Aus economy fair under such circumstances, particularly as we are following Trump's stance on China... thank goodness the recent visit to the US by Marise Payne and Linda Reynolds has distanced us from the US and allowed us a little freedom to make our own decisions wrt China.

Cheering news hey... Scott.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.