The front of a Tesla isn't flat but I certainly do agree that it...

1. 2,495 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 146
    The front of a Tesla isn't flat but I certainly do agree that it would be a magnet for stone chips. One of the first things I would do to a Tesla would be to apply a wrap or some other form of front end protection to reduce the front end cratering. Vehicles made by Tesla and Lucid have the lowest drag coefficients of any automotive manufacturer on our planet so actually the nose of a Tesla is very aerodynamic. That tapered back end is part of their aerodynamics too.

The difficulty with screens is that they are large and flat, very difficult to integrate with a curved dash and touch screens need to be within reach of the driver. If the whole dash was moved towards the driver it would be almost claustrophobic so thats why they have to stick out. MB seems to have done a good job of integrating their screens with the dash but I have not sat in one so I don't know how well it works.

I do not agree with your assertion that the middle mounted centre screen is just lazy, there is nowhere else for a touch screen to go. In saying that I think that the Tesla Model 3 and Y should also have a small screen or a HUD in front of the driver for essential information, you should not have to look sideways to check your speed.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.