truth and the big lie, page-8

1. 873 Posts.
    Hi debono,

Fair enough, in general terms, much of what you say is threabouts to the mark. The whole election subject has gone a bit stale at the moment, I am certainly not one who is curling into the fetal position for the next three years and crying because the ALP lost . I didn't post the article out of sour grapes, but simple fact, I believe that is the truth about our economy...and hopefully it may be of some interest to some people here...Howard ran on a sales pitch that he was responsible for the economy's strength - lots believe him - but the Productivity Commission says something completely different...and if this makes some of the less insightful Lib voters feel uncomfortable about who they voted for, and why, then so be it ...politics goes on regardless of whether your average citizen is now more interested in the finals of Australian idol. Personally I don't believe Latham who can do it for Labor and Beazley will have another shot in about 18 months...

Apart from that, around the Western world, competition policy is one of the major reasons why inflation is in check, and in fact despite what the gold rampers might say, there are still powerful deflationary pressures around...
    Oil at US$55 a barrel and the CPI's inflation indicies around the world hardly budging. Why? Retailers cannot afford to pass their costs of fuel on to the consumer because of the fear of losing market share/volumne on already tight margins...there are massive competitive pressures around...not just from Chinese exports... but from the domestic internal competitors inside their own countries their own bretheren ... that's competition policy... and in the EU and lesser extent the US the anti-trust/competition regulators are more ruthless than ever...their is a new economic structure out there...it ain't the 1970's oil=inflation paradigm...the amateurs need wake up imo ...

Cheers,

Christian

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.