AVZ 0.00% 78.0¢ avz minerals limited

Truth of the matter - AVZ, page-239

1. 9,120 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 18051
    Whilst we are on the subject, what counts is a measured and indicated resource - when the full 40,000 metre drill program is put into the required JORC format those categories will come in at around 300 mt - 340 mt IMO. Refer: Post #: 32485939  To be clear, the latest JORC dated 2 August 2018 I think got to 15,000 metres drilled and had 150 mt in the measured and indicated category, which is the basis of mining assessments and bankable studies. (much less holes/metres drilled than a lot of the company comparisons put on here to get to that size too).  Inferred doesn't lead to mining.  

We have gone beyond the issue of resource size to finding a transport solution (and dealing with the tin/tantulum credits) so as to underpin a PFS and hence a decision to mine. 

At the end of the day, it boils down to whether the market can accommodate AVZ's entry in say 2022 and ramp up to 5 mtpa to 2025 as economies of scale are required here to drive viability - i.e use the good ore strip ratio to reduce opex at the mine and higher Li20 grades to produce more spodumene concentrate from a fixed say 2mtpa ore feed facility (compared to PLS say) and then tin/tantulum credits to offset transpoert costs to prove viability.  Obviously price a key factor but suspect viability is there if the market can accommodate entry.  In terms of the PFS I would be be revisiting these posts around input assumptions, incluing grade of product produced.  Refer  Post #: 36059149 and Post #: 36063871

As I said the debate should be around whether tehre is scope for AVZ to enter the market given the emergence of a number of hard rock producers and their forecast subsequent expansions (and expansion of the Greenbushes mine).  Resource size in terms of AVZ is just noise now and SP growth depends on entry to market, because the later the entry then SP growth reduces.

On a separate note, based on my understanding of what has been yabbered about the last day the 'two mine theory' remains in place.  Refer:  Post #: 30119771.  I feel Carriere de L’est Pegmatite is a good deposit as well, and been near surface will probably have a better ore to waste ratio than the very good waste to ore ratio that Roche Dure has to other lithium deposits btw

All IMO
    Last edited by Scarpa: 05/02/19

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.