truths from the governor general

1. 8,527 Posts.
    Aha! SO here we have it from the GG - Ms. Quentin Bryce (A Rudd appointee).

within 3 months of her current tenure being up (a tenure graciously enduring thanks to Tony Abbott NOT being spiteful - as she offered him her resignation on election night, which he refused) she sprouts some truth - an announcement she made accompanied by yet another hugely salaried ABC acolyte.

Having squeezed all the juice from the lemon onto her OWn fish and chips - and disarded the peel - this woman has the nerve to cooly announce from on high, her support and prediction that Australia will becoe a Repbuclic sooner or later.

Having accepted the "Queen's money" for years, (in the realms of $500,000pa, plus assumably a lavish clothing allowance, and lashings of world travels, first class, and living in Yarralumla, now some truths come out - seems she never really believed in the institution she represents. Yet she was happy to be recompensed - and enjoy all the limelight and kudos it brought.

One could say it is highly hypocritical of her to have accepted the post in the first place.

And then she announced a further bombshell - (all this much to the delight of silly Christine Milne tonight!). Further, Ms. Bryce tells us she's all for gay marriage. (when will these people retain a distance from political controversy!_

Her perogative - but why, at five minutes to the midnight of her own tenure, announce these divisive views, which one must assume she has (perhaps) always held?

Have we then been misled, and HAD?

Does this represent some cheap passing shot at Abbott as she's about to depart? Are these her long held views?
    Why then, Madam, did you take the job at all - in the first place, if so? I imagine the Queen will be upset to hear this opinion.

What, the Rudd knee in your chest? And you reluctant, if this was your view?

This honored position has been very good to this lady. Now she chooses to verbally dismantle the office - and thereby detract from the status of her currently held high office - belittle its significance!

Whatever her private views, which may have been newly evolved, one must ask - in view of this bombshell announcement - as her heart ever really, sincerely, in it?

Unbelievable, to me, in it's hypocrisy.

Until now, I had been prepared to give her the benefit of the doubt. Not any more. Just another Rudd misjudgement. To my mind. If you don't believe in something - don't pursue it. Is my motto. And one I would have expected of her. Moreso at that huge salary.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.