KZA 0.00% 8.0¢ kazia therapeutics limited

Before we get too carried away with the toxicology results, for...

1. 1,077 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 92
    Before we get too carried away with the toxicology results, for the benefit of those whose opinions I respect, there is something that seems to be overlooked, And it has some potential ramifications on the downside for some time to come.

What is in the following paragraph from NC's recent post is key.

The successful use of Cantrixil in combination with cisplatin for the treatment of Primary Ovarian Cancer has recently been reported in full. It was first reported last year that “Intraperitoneal administration of Cantrixil at a dose of 100 mg/kg as a first-line therapy in combination with standard of care (cisplatinum or paclitaxel), improved survival compared with the respective monotherapy  controls (p<0.001)”

Phase 1 trials are all about safety. We all should know that. Now lets say that takes twelve months and we are still four months away from a starting date in 2016. So at a guess we might learn about the safety profiles of Cantrixil in humans by August/September 2017.  But given the Cantrixil tox results, who could give a precise time and date.

What we have to consider is that Cantrixil is not designed as a monotherapy - but that's how it is likely to be administered in Phase 1. The net result is that it will not be tested and its true value assessed in this process. Anisina is the same. So in terms of efficacy or effect in humans, any first up trial results may be average at best - as per the above extract.

Feasibly, it might not be until say 2019 before a Phase 2 trial gives some impressive hard data on effect in humans. This is not an implausible scenario. I wish it was much sooner than that.

James Garner has never run a company before or had to learn the art of communicating effectively with shareholders. And by the look of it, he is probably going to take much longer than we might have hoped for. So my suggestion is simple - Stocky, you seem to be at your wits end - contact Professor Gunning or Drs Heaton and Brown direct. Bypass the board - they are a complete waste of time. Same goes for anyone else who might want to get a response from someone who should know to this line of thinking.

I have reviewed my commitment to not commenting on this board as we all seem to be more civil and I really thought that it was something being seriously overlooked.

As a long term Novogen holder I keep a medium term view of things and in that context, Novogen remains in my view a wonderful investment opportunity.

I hope tomorrow or thereafter we see a jump in the share price in response to recent news but in my view it won't come about any time soon from the way in which our company is currently being managed.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add KZA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.