IIQ 0.00% 57.5¢ inoviq ltd

No you're spot on. People who bought in during the last three...

1. 77 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 26

No you're spot on. People who bought in during the last three weeks and who are probably sitting on a loss right now look at the vaccine results as their ticket out of here. Can't blame them for pinning their hopes on it. 

But I think people should not be under any illusions. Even if the vaccine results are encouraging (and there's a really good chance they will not be encouraging) it will be years (At least 7 according to people who claim to have spoken to the company) before anything happens on that front. Getting a test to market and getting a vaccine to market are totally different propositions. Years and years of further tests, further studies, further trials. If the blood tests don't pan out financially, more cap raises and more dilution. 

In the short term, a positive vaccine result may not actually result in gains to the share price. More than likely the news will be met by a wall of sellers rushing for the exits (just look what happened following the Ovarian results in September. Those were positive results. SP went down.)

Don't get me wrong, a vaccine could one day be a huge thing. But at the moment, the core business of this company is getting the blood tests to market. The real crunch time for those is when the clinical results come back, which will probably still be 12 months away. Actual revenue is further away still. But ultimately if the clinical trials come back looking good that's when things get really exciting. 

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IIQ (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
57.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $60.67M
Open High Low Value Volume
57.0¢ 59.0¢ 57.0¢ $43.21K 74.12K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 11657 56.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
59.0¢ 5000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.59pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
IIQ (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.