CLE 0.00% 0.1¢ cyclone metals limited

ts in the australian's the deal magazine

1. 1,943 Posts.
    I was almost going to chuck out last friday's The Australian's lift out mag 'the deal' , lucky i had a look through and there on page 35 was an article on TS but how unlucky though because 7 articles of 'the deal' on the Australian's web site but not this one. OK , fast 2 finger type , highlights only.

Diamond phone - sadly untrue
    " There's no way i'd spend more than a couple of grand on a phone " he laughs
    " I've got a gold Blackberry , only one in Aust , it's gold with snakeskin back , i did a deal with a Dubai sheik , he made some money out of it and bought me this phone." He says those designers rang him to say they had a new phone for him.
    " I said, great , i thought they were giving it to me , then i gets this E-mail saying it's $8 million , i politely got out of it , but meanwhile they'd put out a press release."

This one's for you people :))
    In a state (WA)renowned for wealth & success , Sage stands out. His links to Frank Timis raise eyebrows , but his midas touch is beyond dispute. A supreme deal-maker , he snaps up struggling resource companies, works up their assets and then sells for huge profits to the thrill of shareholders. He never reaches a point of mining , just " drill,drill,drill" and sells.

He is also supremely relaxed , laughing off "crazy" talk of being a billionaire , despite the Ferrari lifestyle. ( F430 + Mercedes SL63AMG , he's taken both out on racetrack but only made it to 190km/h " I was too scared to go more " )
    "It will take a massive deal to make me a billionaire , my companies will all be billion-dollar companies, though. I'm confident of that."

Snapped up CopperCo group for $120 mil in a deal he says has already reaped $175 mil from asset sales , and there are still 10 assets left. He's also building 150 apartments in the Pilbara that's expected to bring in more than $50 mil.

He attributes success to one thing : " You must take risks - even if you work hard." He admits it doesn't always work.[out]

Sage's other love is soccer , he's been sorely tested with Glory's losses, 7 in a row recently.
    " I've never had a sick feeling when i've lost a [bussiness] deal , but that has been horrific , gut-wrenching , I can manipulate deals but i can't get out on the pitch and control 11 players."

Indebted to no one.
    Sage refuses to carry any debt-personal or business. " Banks are bastards. They hounded and hounded me when i was younger till i lost my house," he says.

Father and son.
    One of his proundest achievments relates to his dad "As a fund manager i was trading stocks and when he retired he let me look after his money, i remember making his first million for him."

No time to rest.
    A super-fit runner, he is up at 5am , at work at 7am and still on the phone at midnight. " I only need 4 hours sleep." he says.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/features/the-deal-magazine

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CLE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.