AJX 0.00% 0.8¢ alexium international group limited

TSCA Update, page-66

1. 86,254 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75

"Yes this is certainly one of the areas that's going to improve, it just makes you wonder how many toxic chemicals are in our own country that haven't been tested or regulated properly."

I don't want to even think about that.

I get the feeling that America is the worst - but, it is very hard to know. Looking at Ca rates and a lot of growth rates in diseases that seem to be skyrocketing is fraught with problems.

I went and had a look at a lot of data a few months back - and there certainly is a consistency in growth rates in the USA being a lot higher than in Europe and Aus. etc.

But, you can't even trust that because different nations etc. look at many diseases differently - eg. you will have a diagnosis of AAA disease in Europe that has different diagnostic characteristics to the same disease in the USA.

And, that's just the start of the problem. Once you get to chemicals - it is almost impossible to identify what is what - let alone what is in whatever products.

On top of that you have different standards in different countries ---------- and, then, on top of that lot -------- you can't be sure than anyone is complying anyway.

Take just a tiny example of something sort of unrelated ------------- Olive leaves.

Yes, olive tree leaves - which you buy in supermarkets here in Australia - and I expect in Europe and America as well.

Now - you would expect that even if no bugger is checking what chemicals are in the couches that we are sitting on or beds we are sleeping in - that at least somone would be checking on what we buy in good faith at major supermarkets to take home and put in our mouths - well, I used to expect that anyway.

Well - the reality is - that pretty much no body is checking much at all - and, the results are that a huge number of olive leaf product on the shelves - has bugger all olive leaf in it.

You can walk down any supermarket aisle and the bet would be that a HUGE range of those products you see are either fake, or untested, or plain unsafe.

Now - that's just your food - you can't get more basic than that.

So - when you start to think about your couch - your bed - curtains - clothes - computer - car - god knows what else ------

think about that lovely new car smell - think about those paint odours --

who is actually checking that?

I am afraid the answer is ---------------------- no one.

Evidence -------------------------------- building cladding.

Hundreds of thousands of buildings all over the world cladded with cladding that is just about as flammable as standing on the roof of the things and pouring petrol down the walls.

Just who was checking that - in all those countries?

No one.

The lesson ----------------- don't trust bureaucracy.

The only real thing in our favour IMO - is that once this coming legislation is passed -

the can of worms will be opened.

Yes, the EPA will look at chemicals - in their normal speedy way ---------- but, the people who will really look close - are the lawyers.

They smell blood - and, once the law changes so that the chemicals themselves are left unprotected - and the chemical companies lose their legal shield -

the legal sharks will follow the scent of blood at breakneck speed.

IMO - we are going to find out a lot of horrors that we have been breathing, eating, sitting on etc. - and we will want to kill someone for it.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AJX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $12.49M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 484425 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.0¢ 706022 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 13/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AJX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.