TSO 17.2% 3.4¢ tesoro gold ltd

I generally only trade short-term (a few days out to a month or...

1. 306 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 215

I generally only trade short-term (a few days out to a month or two) and someone alerted me to TSO's potential move up last Wednesday. I had a look at the chart and my own analysis suggested TSO could have a target of $0.29
    The pattern wasn't that strong in my opinion but probably worth a punt. I also had concerns that until 6 months ago, volumes had been very low, Low value, illiquid stocks without several years of history are high risk in my book so my trade was only a very small one. I bought on Thursday but gave away some potential profit because the order was conditional on prices moving up from Wednesday (the move up creates a higher probability that further rises are on the cards). Price fell back (profit-takers I expect) to close lower but rose 32% on Friday to close exactly on my target (again proving the value of good charting knowledge). I sold prior to the target when price hesitated and looked like it might have run its race and getting out with a 15% profit for a 24 hour trade on a stock I wasn't 100% happy with seemed to be a better move than waiting around to see what happened only to find price tanks.
    Often prices fall back after reaching a target like this so I'd be cautious of TSO and probably wait for a pullback followed by prices moving up again.
    Trading stocks like CSR, CCl and PLS at the moment seem to offer less downside risk that something like TSO - which could take your money.
    There isn't much to say about TSO in a charting sense other than it is in an uptrend and making higher lows and highs on the weekly chart (chart below is daily). It may be forming a channel in which case I'd expect price to fall back to the lower boundary around $0.23 before moving up again. That move would also validate a steeper weekly uptrend line that could be used to guide future trades.
    Good luck.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/2487/2487988-aa278fd30df525533e45ada090c8843f.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TSO (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
3.4¢
Change
0.005(17.2%)
Mkt cap ! $41.80M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.9¢ 3.5¢ 2.9¢ $342.5K 11.29M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 50000 3.3¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
3.4¢ 392704 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 19/04/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
3.4¢
  Change
0.005 ( 17.2 %)
Open High Low Volume
2.9¢ 3.4¢ 2.9¢ 576114
Last updated 15.43pm 19/04/2024 ?
TSO (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.