TTS 0.00% $4.45 tatts group limited

tts expansion- nsw lotteries fight

1. 210 Posts.
    "NSW Premier Nathan Rees says negotiations with the Shooters Party are continuing. (ABC News )

Related Story: Rees 'still to be persuaded' on hunting bill The New South Wales Opposition says it fears the Government will do a deal with the Shooters Party which would see hunting allowed in national parks.

The State Government is hoping legislation allowing for the privatisation of New South Wales Lotteries will pass this week before the winter break - but it needs the support of the Shooters Party.

The bill from the Shooters Party would allow native animals and birds to be hunted in national parks and reserves, as well as the creation of private game reserves.

The opposition's environment spokeswoman Catherine Cusack is worried that the Government will support the Shooters' bill, in exchange for votes for the Lotteries sale.

"Clearly the Government has its back to the wall," she said.

"The Shooters control the Upper House and are obviously wanting to do a deal. Will this government do a deal? Such a dirty deal at the expense of wildlife remains to be seen I certainly hope not."

Labor MPs have also raised concerns about the bill.

The Emergency Services Minister, Steve Whan - whose rural seat of Monaro takes in Kosciuszko National Park - has relied on the support of the Shooters Party in his electorate before.

He says however in this case the party is wrong.

"They were of great assistance to me when I was fighting to make sure that we save the Gaden Trout Hatchery, so in some ways they can be very helpful," he said.

"They're putting a position here which they believe represents their constituency - I don't believe it represents my constituency, and I won't be supporting it."

The Premier Nathan Rees says negotiations with the Shooters Party are continuing.

But he says the Government will not allow hunting in national parks."

Source ABC Online 25 June 2009.For educational purposes.

The political uncertainty is creating volatility and a great buying opportunity for TTS shares in my opinion.
    One option for TTS to expand is to buy the NSW Lotteries.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TTS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.