XJO 0.23% 7,999.3 s&p/asx 200

tuesday expectation, page-74

1. 9,803 Posts.
    You know, I sometimes try to imagine that I was responsible for a trillion dollar hedge fund invested in many markets, incl stock markets across the globe. What decisions and strategies would I employ right now? I'd be trying to maintain us stock indexes in the hope of igniting a rally where other people put in their money so as to either allow me to exit or reduced the risk to me - I'd fade the rally if i could. As for the yen, I'd be trying to show that it didn't matter to us stocks, if I could, and i'd be using all the smoke and mirrors i could muster to do that. One thing I'd do is a long play on the most easily manipulated major western market (xjo) so that it might provide some leadership to others (and possibly ignite rallies elsewhere). The best time to do that would be when I had a good covering issue (bhp production) to give a rally some plausibility and some willing indigenous accomplices with their own reasons (option writers) and a good stack of shorts in the system to force to cover. Just my imaginings.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.