XJO 0.62% 7,747.5 s&p/asx 200

Howdy: I see you have not received a response. CFD's give you...

1. 10,741 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2086
    Howdy: I see you have not received a response. CFD's give you access to leverage, so you can take a larger position with less money. Leverage can work for and against you. CFD's allow you to go long or short, or long and short, without the need to secure a stock loan as you would if shorting a single stock. If you are to explore CFD trading, my advise would be to treat it like a business, not a hobby. Choose a time that suits you the best, one where you feel comfortable and not rushed. Choose a trading tool that you understand, and that you feel comfortable with. Don't choose one due to it being pretty and colourful, but choose one that you have watched very carefully over a long period of time. Time in front of the screen is important. You don't have to trade it, but it helps to watch it. How much does it move away from you, how much does it move in your favour. Make a few paper trading mistakes, write them down, go over them again and again until you feel comfortable doing a live trade. My comfortable time is in the morning, at the open, as I have time to see what the overseas markets have done, what the futures are suggesting may happen, and in the morning, whatever happens, it has a tendency to revert back to where it was before economic data is released and news, fake or real, comes out at 11 ish. Discipline is important. Make your trade, make your money, switch is off, and do it again. Backtest like your life depended on it. Sorry if I am teaching a baby to suck eggs, but I thought I would give it a stab. Good luck, and thanks for the post. cheers

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.