XJO 0.49% 7,860.0 s&p/asx 200

DJIA ... I dug up a few charts I posted in 2016 and the...

1. 2,596 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1887
    DJIA ... I dug up a few charts I posted in 2016 and the following (updated) one of this index's Monthly I found 'nailed' the Top. Sure, all in hindsight now but this chart may well still prove very useful in coming months.

Its a conventional Andrew's Pitchfork(A.P.) chart and was created by 1st using our previous 4 Major Lows and Highs. I started with the A.P. constructed from the 2002L to 2007H to 2009L ... then doubled it, as I often do, once price action either breaks out 'north' or 'south' of its outer tynes ... which it did in late 2016 ... to the upside.

Then I looked at the 2000H to 2002L range, drew parallels(//) of the median tyne of the original A.P. off both levels and noted that the 2018L fall just through the// off the 2000H . This line could be our next potential suppt level. I then doubled the range base and drew the same // ... see how that 'assisted' in forming a trading range for the recent top as well.

If this chart is going to still be useful, and if that 'next potential' suppt mention doesn't hold this downturn, then its MAJOR trend line suppt will be the outer tyne trendline of the original A.P. ... as I have noted on my chart... and would be the important(bullish) median tyne of the pink A.P., that I have also shown, that uses the start point of the 2007H then 2009L and finally our recent 2020H. Note how its //'s are the same 'pitch' as the original A.P. ... ALL very neat and, seemingly, perfect 'vibrations'....

....and FINDING a markets 'perfect' VIBRATION is what trading and investing is all about ... especially the major indicies.

MONTHLY CHART of the DJIA ...

DJIA_AP_100320_Mthly.png

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.