XJO 0.41% 8,284.7 s&p/asx 200

tuesdays tank, page-85

1. 9,861 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 5
    Im enjoying a few days R&R while the market dictates to the people what will or will not happen, at these times i love watching the emotions of the traders as it will sometimes offer the best panic trades in the market. I wonder how many experienced any of the processes below today LOL.

Trading With Emotions

Before you can manage your emotions it helps to understand what causes them. Our brains and endocrine system are a veritable narcotics factory, producing an array of natural chemicals that act as stimulants, depressants or pain-killers:

* adrenaline prepares the body for fight or flight: your heart starts pounding, your pupils dilate, you start to sweat and get "butterflies" as your digestive system switches off;
    * endorphins, natural pain-killers many times stronger than morphine, are released by the pituitary gland;
    * dopamine, released in the middle area of the brain, is chiefly responsible for pleasurable sensations;
    * anandoline, a canabinoid, stimulates the appetite;
    * PEA, a natural stimulant, performs in a similar manner to amphetamines such as speed;
    * melatonin controls your sleeping patterns and stimulates the immune system; and
    * serotonin is believed to play important roles in a number of areas: sexuality, anxiety and depression.

More than 30 different neurotransmitters have been identified, some very specialized; some performing a wide range of functions. Others work in groups, while some, such as serotonin, control or moderate the affect of other neurotransmitters. Lurking below our rational consciousness is a vast array of mood-altering chemicals, and it is virtually impossible to suppress them. The more we try to suppress our emotions, the more our performance is likely to suffer. Consider someone who experiences a fear of heights, stage-fright, or any other phobia; the more that they focus on fighting against their emotions, the more paralyzed they become.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.