XJO 0.34% 7,796.0 s&p/asx 200

tuesdays tape

1. 9,803 Posts.
    a bit of order here please - one day, one thread.. otherwise my boys will be payin ya a visit ..

But i did note the comments on the previous thread about the indications of recession, and how ludicrous the thought is.. Don't you just love it when smart ass posters show their ignorance like that? Its sort of like a green spike up through a flat bollinger to me.. but I'll be brief.

The stock market is a leading NOT lagging indicator of recession, so all the economists comments on the tv mean nothing. Almost every recession is preceded by a stock market downturn, although not every stock market downturn leads to recession.

At the present, all the economically sensitive sectors or indexes are down and are not responding very well in the rallies in usa. These include the discretionary retail, the transports, the banks, the brokers, ...

And this downturn has been the most severe of any in this bull run so far... and the business or economic cycle in usa is long in the tooth compared to most.

like it or not, markets do move in cycles and recessions do follow booms.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.