XJO 0.63% 8,238.6 s&p/asx 200

I was long the markets with sold puts but decided to buy back...

1. 1,464 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 25
    I was long the markets with sold puts but decided to buy back today.... and on top of that I bought some otm puts on XJO.

Although ahead at the moment and I should be feeling comfortable, I'm not sure whether or not it was the right decision.

I was always planning to exit longs by December because I think the market will drop sharply in December (not seasonal).

The only reason I went from long to short is because I was watching the market too closely and acted on intuition (no pun intended).

I have long been fascinated by fractals and that's another topic but I noticed something today that I find interesting.

This is all based on daily line charts, closing prices -

Looking back at September, we made our initial high on the 16th and topped (final high) on the 30th so 14 calender days before the market corrected.

Same thing in October, our market topped on the 8th, then held up to find a final high on the 22nd before the correction began - again 14 calender days.

This time in November, the market found the initial top on the 9th and was holding well until the 23rd - 14 calender days yesterday.

I mentioned previously that out market might peak on November 16th and it did, that was the new moon.

Full moon is December 2nd, and we could find an interim low then in my opinion.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.