PPP 0.00% 3.7¢ pan pacific petroleum nl

tui news.........and its all good, page-7

1. 8,096 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 385
    I should first correct my earlier comment which was made following a very hasty glance over the announcement as I was in a hurry to go out.

Never a good practise to read something in haste and launch into print on the basis of what you think it said.

So first thing is that the announcement today is not THE REVIEW announcement that we are waiting on to tell us the new TUI reserves. That will come sometime in June.

Today's increase in reserves is simply an indication that by extending the time they have the FPSO on charter for by several more years then they expect to get about 5 million more barrels of oil from TUI over that time.

Right - now the conundrum question.
    PASS !
    Well why does PPP sp move so slightly comparative to NZOG.
    1. The first obvious answer is that NZOG has so many other things pushing along interest in it at the moment
    - it has a strong identification with TUI in NZ at the moment so that helps NZOG
    - it has the KUPE development proceeding and looking good as an additional earner for NZOG
    - it has its investment in PRC which has risen dramatically in sp over the last month or two ( from 90 cents to a present $1.59 on the NZX)
    2. PPP has nothing else to make headlines for it. There is no other drilling or activity in its non JV tenements.
    - Maitland may bring some interest when something further is released but it is not something that gets a lot of publicity.
    3. NZOG has a PR machine - PPP has none
    (This little piggy had roast beef , this little piggy had none)
    David Salisbury as CEO of NZOG has made sure that any news that can be released to anyone, anywhere gets released.
    Try and contact the PPP information person by email and you might get a response ( but you may not).
    4. Shareholder doubt that PPP will do anything.
    - There is a fairly strong view that PPP has not done anything startling in the past and it is not going to suddenly change
    - So there is a fair bit of lethargic doubt despite the cash flow into PPP.
    - There seems to be a view that the Directors will watch the money stockpile up in the vault and be mesmerised by it.

I suppose you could say, however, that the PPP share price has risen quite wel. After all just a couple of months ago it was down around 20 cents on the ASX and now it is just over 30 cents. Now is that a 50 % increase in value

By comparison you could say that NZOG share price a few months ago was around ( on the NZX) NZ$ 1.10 and now is just over NZ$ 1.60. So that is roughly about the same and yet NZOG has a lot more going for it.
    But that is probably a fairly simplistic look at things there.

No doubt Dargie would have some valuable comments if he gets around to checking things out here.

Don't know if my ramblings there have been helpful or not but those are my offerings.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PPP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.