MSB 1.40% $1.09 mesoblast limited

@rivermoreNobody really knows whether this is good news or not....

1. 78 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 94
    @rivermore

Nobody really knows whether this is good news or not. What's clear is that this is 1-2 days after he got the maximum dose of another experimental drug (Regeneron). So that's a worry because the mid-trial analysis is that you really only know whether Regeneron is working is after a median of 7 days. Is it possible that Regeneron has already failed and they are onto the next drug (Remdesevir) for which the trials have shown no significant benefit? I don't think so.

This article ( https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2020/05/5-days-remdesivir-covid-19-may-be-enough ) suggests that Remdesivir is more effective taken early for somebody who is asymptomatic for less than 10 days. The suspicion is he got infected in the Rose Garden 7 days earlier whilst introducing the new Supreme Court nominee (because 6 others from that meeting are now confirmed positive) so that plausibly explains Remdesivir so soon. But nobody knows what effect this cocktail or combination of drugs will have on a healthy individual, much less a sleep-deprived and stressed 74 year old who is overweight..

Where I think they should be worried is that they are now firing all the shots in the locker that they have, pre ICU and ventilator. There is no way he is going to try the mypillow CEO's toxic drug! If all this doesn't work over the treatment period of about 7 days, or they stop it sooner because the side effects are too severe, then he will have to heal on his own or he will simply deteriorate. I have to say I hope he heals on his own, even though I own shares in MSB.

We all know remestemcel-L is a medicine of last resort, BUT these doctors won't wait (I don't think) until he is put on a ventilator, because at that point, he is incapacitated and all sorts of things in the US administration take over. And what do you think the Chinese, Russians, Iranians, North Koreans, Syrians and Turks are planning at this point?

So consistent with them taking options early, I think they will apply MSB before this deterioration sufficient to go on the ventilator, because he has to be intubated and won't be conscious by then. I think they will apply it when all the lung dysfunction and technical indicators are pointing to the start of the cytokine storm. So look out for reports that the President is showing Remdesivir side effects or his lung distress is getting worse.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.09
Change
0.015(1.40%)
Mkt cap ! $1.238B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.11 $1.12 $1.08 $11.51M 10.52M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 17804 $1.09

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.09 230637 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 03/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.09
  Change
0.015 ( 1.85 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.10 $1.12 $1.08 1937390
Last updated 15.59pm 03/05/2024 ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.