Magic cara :) (And I would try for the loquat leaves laurel...

1. 17,613 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3682
    Magic cara
    (And I would try for the loquat leaves laurel again for picking the site but don’t quite trust myself.)

My tried and true destination favourites on longer stays were the Hotel Tjampuhuan in Ubud (wow it looks like it’s only $44 a night aT present, including breakfast )… for its grace and history (an old royal guest house)

https://www.tjampuhan-bali.com/
    1CB50334-0C22-43ED-ABD4-4C68CE6A63AB.jpeg

…and a Seminyak villa for the good life in that area.

A brilliant economy find was on a holiday with my son.
    We hated the budget Kuta hotel we had booked from Australia so much we checked out and went looking for something else….

— Paid in rupiahs the equivalent of $24 a night for a Seminyak villa in one of those converted rice paddy lots with lovely bath, two rooms and breakfast in a great location. There was a long lawn separating the villas side of the complex from the two storey hotel development and - synchronistically- the lawn had a rabbit.
    Poor beastie was always flat on its belly with even its ears looking semi-melted whenever we saw it.
    It appeared to not find Bali as paradisical as I did.

Sadly the economy nature of the place meant it had an interesting mix of guests …an Australian clothes designer up for the weekend, a young ‘wild life-inclined’ paraplegic guy who gave his lovely nurse such hell all hours of day and night that she quit dramatically. and multiple young Russians on package deals who all drank vodka for breakfast.

These stories and others were learned by the small and busy pool that wasn’t quite ‘sparkling’, but which I still used until everyone scrambled out one day very suddenly after a young vigorous Russian bloke called out something that was later translated as “that was my longest pee ever”.

Only took the ex to that one once and stayed firmly out of the pool when I did

cheers
    Last edited by sabine: 22/01/22

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.