you see you think it’s about being right. It’s not about being...

1. 17,684 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 325
    you see you think it’s about being right.

It’s not about being right or wrong for me because there are many ways of looking at a problem or disagreement. In the post that set this off (@mogga) there was plenty of opportunity to engage in an open exploratory conversation but you chose otherwise

For me it is about being capable of engaging in an exchange with someone who disagrees with you in a decent and rational manner. You regularly misread - intentionally or otherwise- what others have posted and you regularly respond to them in a way that suggests you have a bad case of cognitive bias, or want to look grown up or smart. You fail however because of your style.

You do not seem to be capable of leaving out the digs at people . When you do that it derails conversations immediately. It’s a shame because I’d probably actually read your posts in detail and think about them if you weren’t so dismissive.

that you responded as you did says a lot about you, just as your little exchange with the man in France does too - you think it’s about power. Maybe for you it is but a small step to the side and a bit of self reflection might be revealing - if you are capable of that

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.