Turkish Airstrikes Halt War on ISIS, page-48

1. Osi
    16,063 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 201
    I'd heard the Wiki bit. The US vehicles have a high self defence capability but MBTs they are not. Erdogan is of course continuing his threats.

Regardless, the performance of the Turkish Army in Syria has been abysmal IMHO and I guess that this is largely due to Erdogan's purges of the Officer and NCO corps. Importantly the Turks no longer seem to know how to deploy, use or park their armored vehicles given the presence of ATGMs on the battle field.

A more sensible leadership would not have entered into the Syrian and Iraqi quagmires in the first place. An inclusive leader would aim to position Turkey as an economic centre of stability and of course all roads (and pipelines) would then lead to that centre. Instead of that we see the fool trying to resurrect 16th Century concepts of empire, control of land and imagined cultural supremacy.

Another fly in the ointment for Erdogan comes in the form of the anti-Chinese sentiment expressed by his fascist MHP (Gray Wolf) partners. I don't expect that MHP's pan-Turkic support for Uyghur rebels in China goes down very well. My expectation is that the Chinese will support anacho-Communists (with their red star banner) rather than people who openly seek to disintegrate the Peoples Republic.

cheers

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.