CYL 3.91% $1.11 catalyst metals limited

That isn’t a plan mate. I’m looking for some sort of plan, the...

1. 1,439 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 709
    That isn’t a plan mate.

I’m looking for some sort of plan, the grade is killing SGI atm and the debt needs to be dealt with. Just because POG is hovering around $3k doesn’t mean they will make money.

If a NO vote gets up, which is what you want to happen, you must have an idea of how they are going to get the company back on the straight and narrow.

Funds are needed and they will have to go to market to find those funds.

You have been an investor in the small caps space for some time from what I can see, you must have seen this sort of scenario play out many times before.

Myself, currently seeing a restructure of GCY, that could have quite easily ended in administration if it were not for a very smart MD, and a very high grade find a stones throw from the plant. Even with the smart MD, without that high grade find, the company was toast.

GCY were mining sub 1g ore, 65-75kozpa very similar to SGI, but the difference was they were debt free, but did have a very expensive mining contract also that was draining any profits. The MD after finding the very high grade ore (4.4gt resource of 300k0z currently and growing very quickly) put the near new 2.5mtpa plant on C&M and then started a restructure based on that find.
    As I mentioned GCY had no debt at that time, but could not make money from that sub 1gt ore, and needed time to get the new resource proved up, this was at the same time that POG was racing towards $3k. He put the company into voluntary suspension in Nov 22 when we were sitting at .19 after falling back from highs, very similar to SGI.
    He then went looking for investors, the dilution was a killer. $50M was raised at .10 just to prove up a 5 year plan so they can start mining again in another 12 or so months, current SP is moving along nicely, we are now sitting at .17, and it looks like maybe we have found another high grade resource, next to the other one which is still being explored and getting some exceptional finds.
    Without that high grade find prior to the suspension GCY was doomed, it would have gone back into admin, our main asset which is the near new 2.5mtpa plant would have been sold for peanuts and us SH would have been doomed.

This example of how GCY will live to fight another day is what I’m asking of you for SGI. Having POG at $3k was not going to save GCY, the grade was too low and the mining expensive.
    If you look back at their 2022 financials, they were making money when gold was at a much lower price, just like SGI did in 2021, but costs put the noose around their necks. This is what happens with small single entity sub 1gt miners just like SGI and GCY.

My feelings towards GCY are, I believe very aligned with yours on SGI, the difference is we found that high grade resource, and were debt free with a very smart MD. But still had to borrow $50M.

GLTAH
    DYOR.

Last edited by DANNY2503: 10/06/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CYL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.11
Change
-0.045(3.91%)
Mkt cap ! $244.8M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.15 $1.16 $1.10 $152.4K 136.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 15203 $1.11

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.13 17391 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 31/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.11
  Change
-0.045 ( 3.48 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.14 $1.14 $1.11 16625
Last updated 15.43pm 31/05/2024 ?
CYL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.