XJO 0.86% 7,829.7 s&p/asx 200

Turnaround Tuesday 21st October, page-25

1. 2,101 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 218
    Still.....following on from my earlier comments the world has frankly gone banana's. They (the collective they) got themselves into this horrible mess by.
    A) Sucking on the corrupt and self interested teet of business to the exclusion of the public good.
    B) Allowed business interests to infiltrate all echelons of government and dictate policy.

Those 2 points broadly are the root cause of all the other individual items like international business tax avoidance which is crippling budgets and the offshoring/slashing of jobs in the pursuit of that extra $ on the bottom line.

The solution they followed? Print MORE money. Sure that might revive things for a while but they are not addressing the root cause that business practices and the entire cultural edifice behind how a business is percieved needs a fundamental change back towards Pro Business BUT with Societal implications considered.

Whats good for business is not necessarily the same as whats good for the country, planet or economy. Although I see green shoots that various international figures are noticing this. Whether they can get enough momentum to make the change remains to be seen.

Otherwise the pathway things are on now is either
    A) A crash of such proportions that businesses will nationalised and government will snap back to a very authoritarian time (which I personally think is overdue in some areas) and business will be viewed derisively for decades.

B) Business will become the government and a new age of Aristocracy will be here.

or...

C) Wild conjecture on my part and things will improve and in 10 years this will all be behind us. But I don't think C is the case. I've slowly come around to the idea that business has gotten out of control in its pursuit of profit/globalisation and they need to forcibly put into line and broken up into disparate parts.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.