XJO 0.30% 8,099.9 s&p/asx 200

Cheers JG. Re TGS there are a couple of people whom I respect...

1. 16,819 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 356
    Cheers JG.

Re TGS there are a couple of people whom I respect who love it . They're eating cardboard sandwhiches at the moment but if the thing doesn't fold ,and I don't think it will,they're approaching a level where you could look at investing.

The market for stories like TGS has been very very tough the last 12 months . The big IO ,CU plays have been half slaughtered ,some going under.

The more often I reflect and try to think of things rationally it beggars belief that China can sustain the growth story at current levels for much longer . No one else in civilisation has ever been able to do it . If you think things are different this time then that's fine . I remember when the Ruskies were going to dominate the world ,Japan ,'the miracle economy' , whatever . The predictions that were made for those economies are in tatters ,laughable now . So no ,I don't buy the China story on a sustainable level but a higher standard of living will be a given in the emerging economies ,which is why I like energy.

If I think too hard about it I actually get a bit bearish so just trying to make the best out of what we have going for the time being . Hopefully it's for a while yet and if it does fall over there are opportunities to take its place ,as there always are

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add XJO (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.