FMG 0.87% $21.57 fortescue ltd

Turnball Must Go, page-64

1. 4,174 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 784
    This continued narrative about the Murdoch press is comical

They provide a much-needed conservative balance and guess what??? We are a conservative majority so the tail doesn't get to wag the dog as much as you want to criticize.

Skynews on its worst day doesn't even come close to the left bias the ABC portrays, and as a disclaimer, I watch programs on both. The only difference which the general population can't digest is that many of the presenters on Sky are openly conservative and are transparent in their views while the ABC pretend they're partisan but in reality, there isn't a single person I know that would say the ABC is balanced.

What would be the outcry if Sky was publically funded???? The ABC is not representative of the current political balance in our country, yet its funded by the whole country. That shouldn't sit well with any side of politics if you are genuine in wanting balanced reporting.

In terms of coal do I need to put the link up again in which Malcolm Turnball himself puts the case for Australian coal forward as the cleanest burning coal?? Then his claim is fact-checked by the ABC with a scientific explanation..

I understand everyone's excitement for green energy and full credit to twiggy and his team for being at the forefront but with 2060 targets in China plus low emission stations being built in Japan, the demand for coal isn't going away anytime soon and as a shareholder of an I/O stock you cant have your cake and eat it too. You are either pro-mining and want to support the larger picture and sector or you aren't.

I made a conscious decision to exit a lot of mining stocks in favor of our super-smart Australian life science stocks..... Maybe some others need to make that decision. We will always be a core mining company with a progressive view on our environmental impacts but ultimately its window dressing while our biggest customer is China.

Last edited by BPAA: 08/04/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FMG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$21.57
Change
-0.190(0.87%)
Mkt cap ! $66.41B
Open High Low Value Volume
$22.01 $22.10 $21.52 $119.4M 5.503M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 13058 $21.57

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$21.58 11798 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FMG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.