LYC 0.66% $6.06 lynas rare earths limited

tv coverage, page-4

1. 2,243 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 109
    I do find it curious that lynas has not done more to respond to the attacks that have been made on it and to protect it's reputation. This could be due to a number of reasons, I guess. For example:
    (1) they may feel that responding to all criticism might give credibility to the accusations, where they may not otherwise have them,
    (2) they may have been advised by the Malaysian government to keep a low profile and to let them deal with the politics at the right time,
    (3)they may feel that they should simply quietly get on with their core business and simply let the market judge them as it sees fit.
    (4) they may be reluctant to make too much noise in case it gets portrayed as a big company beatingbup poor residents

Having seen a lot of the Malaysian press and social media forums, I personally believe they should have been more active and I am sure they could have done this In a way that was sensitive to local sensibilities.

I recall a few years ago, when I used to do a regular radio segment on legal matters, I spoke about BHP's then issues at Ok Teti mine and the environmental class action being brought against them. Within 3 days I personally received a letter from BHP politely correcting a few of the matters I discussed.

Companies have a duty to protect their reputations.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LYC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$6.06
Change
0.040(0.66%)
Mkt cap ! $5.664B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.80 $6.06 $5.76 $50.03M 8.403M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 3840 $6.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$6.07 39097 4
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 24/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LYC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.