tv show host pulls joe hockey apart, page-18

1. 7,080 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 526
    Lapdog

I'm sorry but I'm not sure it is quite as easy to dodge tax as you think.

I'm definitely not convinced that Australia is in its current state because of large scale tax evasion. I thinks Labors spending had a tiny bit to do with it.

Have you seen how many tax havens have information exchange agreements with Australia? The Seychelles is about the only one not on the list.

Do you think we are losing $20B in lost revenue each year to evasion? You know, about as much as the interest bill is costing us.

GST isn't so regressive if you know you have just paid someone cash and they won't declare income. The mower man, tradesman, retailer, they can dodge income but they can't dodge that nasty, regressive GST when they buy the V8 ute. They might not be paying accountants to dodge tax but it doesn't make it any fairer (or does it because they are "working"). At least with GST the welfare recipients pay some tax

The SMH probably isn't so keen to highlight how much tax the top 3% pay. They leave that to the Australian.

How much income tax do you want? 60%? 70%? 75%? Remember what isn't taxed is spent and cops another 10% GST, fuel excise and possibly luxury car tax or stamp duty.

The truth is welfare recipients are doing it tough because there are too many of them. Pensioners have low pensions because there are too many of them. Students can't have free degrees because there are too many of them. The disabled can't have gold plated wheelchairs because there are too many of them. Kids can't have private school education in public schools because there are too many of them.
    There too many of them all because there aren't enough taxpayers.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.