WKT 0.00% 9.6¢ walkabout resources ltd

We have nearology...Do we have Gas on our Licence Area...?...

1. 8,513 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7066
    We have nearology...Do we have Gas on our Licence Area...?

Tanzania's President Samia Suluhu Hassan is set to revive the long-stalled $30 billion liquefied natural gas development in Lindi, where energy giants Shell and Equinor are stakeholders.

Under the administration of former president John Magufuli, who died last month, the project was sidelined, with the presidency instead prioritising the East Africa Crude Oil Pipeline to take oil from Uganda to the Tanzanian port of Tanga.

“We have been singing the LNG song for a very long time," Hassan said. "I remember when I was sworn in as the vice president (in 2015), I tried to work on it, but discovered it was beyond me and stopped.”

ENERGY EXPLORED: SUBSCRIBE TO ACCELERATE
    Gain valuable insight into the global oil and gas industry's energy transition from Accelerate the free weekly newsletter from Upstream and Recharge.

However, according to the Citizen newspaper, she has now directed the Ministry of Energy to accelerate talks with project proponents Shell and Equinor.
    Tanzania LNG would involve gas from Shell-operated blocks 1 and 4 and Equinor’s Block 2 being piped from deep-water subsea wells to two or three liquefaction trains at Lindi.

These blocks house about 35 trillion cubic feet of recoverable gas, split about evenly between the two operators’ assets.

The project is understood to have been languishing at the early engineering stage for years and, even if fiscal and legislative issues were resolved this year, it would be unlikely

Regards Croc
    Last edited by Croc-file: 05/05/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WKT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
9.6¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $64.44M
Open High Low Value Volume
9.7¢ 9.7¢ 9.6¢ $20.05K 206.7K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 149959 9.6¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.7¢ 13 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.43pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WKT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.